News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

New VDR-Version / Problems with Vomp-Server!

Started by toxic-tonic, February 27, 2006, 08:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

toxic-tonic

Hi!

Yesterday Klaus released a new VDR-Version. Since then I cant compile the new (nor the old one) Vomp-Server Version. This is the gcc error-text:
g++ -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual "-D__user=" -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_FREETYPE2 -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vompserver"' -I/usr/include/freetype -I/usr/local/include/freetype -I../../../include -I/usr/src/DVB/include -Iremux -Ilibdvbmpeg -o mvpclient.o mvpclient.c
mvpclient.c: In method `int MVPClient::processGetTimers(unsigned char *, int)':
mvpclient.c:1234: no matching function for call to `cTimer::Summary ()'
make[1]: *** [mvpclient.o] Error 1

I also opened a Thread in the VDR-Portal here: http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=430826#post430826

Do you have any Idea what we could do? At last was may English good enough to explain?  ::)

Thx and Greetz from Germany

Toxic

Schnurps

Perhaps these errors have something to do with the new timers-function in vomp and this message by kls?

Quote*** IMPORTANT NOTE **************************************************
*** This version changes the handling of the "summary" and "flag" ***
*** fields in timer definitions. So in case you are using an ***
*** external tool for programming timers, which uses that field, ***
*** please wait until the author of that tool has adapted it to ***
*** the new handling. ***

Schnurps

toxic-tonic

I think so, but does that mean, Chriz have to redesign parts of the Plugin, or ist there a shorter way?

Greetz

Toxic

davep

I can't test this right now, but you could try editing mvpclient.c line 1234 from:

string = timer->Summary();

to:

string = timer->Aux();

Try at your own risk  ;)

davep

I've now tested my little patch (against today's CVS), and it doesn't work  :-\

The vomp client crashes if the "Timers" menu is selected when there are no timers set, and the display of timer details is garbled.

toxic-tonic

And the Livestreaming and recordsstreaming? Does that work? I think Chris have to change a litle more than that!

Greetz

Toxic

davep

Quote from: toxic-tonic on February 28, 2006, 08:42:58
And the Livestreaming and recordsstreaming? Does that work? I think Chris have to change a litle more than that!

Actually everything else seems to work OK.

Chris

Actually the answer seems to be to chop the summary code out entirely as VDR no longer stores the event summary with the timer. But how do you mean that vompclient crashes with an empty timers list? I have tried it and it doesn't crash for me. Can you tell me exactly how you crashed it? Thanks.

toxic-tonic

When I tested the new version yesterday I cant find any problems! Even the programming of new timer works great! Thanks alot!

Greetz

Toxic

By the way: have you ever thought about using then ffnetdev-Plugin as output with OSD for the MVP? The Video is outputted as a plain ts-Mpeg-Stream and the OSD is sended as vnc-Data. Maybe in this way we can use the MVP as a viewer for the whole VDR with every plugin and the whole OSD! Do you think it si possible?

Chris

Hi, sorry but that idea has been discussed a couple of times before here and I think the two main conclusions are that it would be too slow, and you could only use one MVP with VDR. It is not where this project is going.

toxic-tonic

ok, sorry, I haven't searched for that! It's like always, first search, then ask! And my question don't mean that I dont like your project! Ist better then everyting I tested befor with my MVP! So keep up the good work!

Greetz

Toxic

Harry

hi @all.

another minor here:
the german KiKa (a kids channel) stops broadcasting at around
9 p.m. or so.
tuning into KiKa after 9 makes the MVP hang.
it then needs to be power cycled.
can anyone from germany confirm this?

i bet the logs would be helpful., uh? ;)
will provide them tonight (if valuable).

cheers
Harry

[edit]
sorry! should be moved to "Issues for next release"
[/edit]

davep

Quote from: Chris on February 28, 2006, 23:49:09
Actually the answer seems to be to chop the summary code out entirely as VDR no longer stores the event summary with the timer. But how do you mean that vompclient crashes with an empty timers list? I have tried it and it doesn't crash for me. Can you tell me exactly how you crashed it? Thanks.

Oops  :-\

Just updated client and server from CVS - it now works fine. Maybe I missed part of your last update.

Schnurps