MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompclient works on medimvp H3 hardware

Started by sirwio, September 23, 2006, 00:58:05

Previous topic - Next topic

sirwio

In my last post I outlined the steps I have taken in order to build a vomp dongle for the H3 hardware. After adding the missing jpg files to the  root of the filesystem and actually starting vdr with the vompserver plugin I can conclude that it works!!

So far I have only tested to watch live tv on a few channels. More tests will follow...

- Magnus

muellerph

This is very good news.

This also shows that there is a way to use the newer GCC version for building a working dongle. This would be very intersting as sooner or later no standard distribution will support the older GCC anymore (basically only Debian still does).

One question: Is it still the 2.4.x Kernel or already a newer one?

sirwio

When building mvpmc you have the choice of using the 2.4.17 kernel or the newer 2.4.31 kernel. They both produce a dongle that can be used. Live tv isn't as smooth as I would like it to be but that can be caused by poor performance on my network and/or on the machine running vdr.

So far I have only tested compiling with gcc-3.4.5-uClibc-0.9.28. Next step is to try gcc-2.95.3-glibc-2.2.5 instead as its supposed to create a more stable kernel.

- Magnus