MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

cutting marks for 0.2.5

Started by macfly, December 04, 2006, 18:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

macfly

hi, there is a new release of Cuttingmarks-Patch for VOMP 0.2.5. You can get the patches and a precompiled binary for NFS and a precompiled dongle.bin here: http://steckrue.be/download/index.php?sort=date&order=desc&path=vomp/.

use the files with _0.25-0.4

i moved the "jump to the next mark"-button to blue and "jump to previous mark"-button to yellow, since green is used for audioselection now. This means, that you will loose the "skip 10 seconds" feature, but simply use << and >> for this.

@Chris: do you mean it's possible to merge these patches into the CVS?

regards,
macfly.

Chris

Hi, a couple of questions before I CVS it.. You have introduced a fairly sparse Mark class, do you have plans to extend this to do other things or can we just use a vector of ints instead?

Also, I don't want to lose my 10s skip buttons, so how about we alter it so that if there are marks the yellow and blue buttons jump by mark and if not, they function as they do now.

torsten

Hi,

thanks to Chris and macfly. Sounds like I had to apply this patch for the longest time. Integration into CVS would be great. I have to try the audioselection in the evening.

@Chris: Integration of the Pompase's WOL-patch would be great, too.

Yours

Torsten

macfly

Quote from: Chris on December 06, 2006, 23:16:08
Hi, a couple of questions before I CVS it.. You have introduced a fairly sparse Mark class, do you have plans to extend this to do other things or can we just use a vector of ints instead?

Also, I don't want to lose my 10s skip buttons, so how about we alter it so that if there are marks the yellow and blue buttons jump by mark and if not, they function as they do now.

Hi Chris,
the Mark-Class simply holds the cutting Marks for a recording, nothing more. I don't know, if people would like to have full VDR-Features on Marks, this would be:
-set a mark at current position, if there is none (with 0) (and communicate this back to the server, of course)
-delete a mark at current position if there is one (with 0) (and communicate this back to the server, of course)
-Jump to next Mark (with 6) or to previous Mark (with 4)
-Move Marks forward (with 9) or backward (with 7) in 0.1s steps (and communicate this back to the server, of course)
-start cutting a recording "MyRecording" (and generate a new "%MyRecording") (maybe as a feature of commands-hook)
-add a commands-hook to do different commands with the recording (like add a movie to DVD-Creation)

All of these features are Kind of Workflow, no feature of the Marks itself. So i guess putting them into a vector is a good thing.

Regarding the 10s Skip: I fthere were only "new" remote controls, we could use the * and the #, but these keys are missing on the old one. Anyway, the dual-funtion on yellow and blue would be ok (for me), since all of my recordings do have marks (from noad, of course).

regards,
Friedhelm.

Lutz

Hi Chris, hi Friedhelm,
full cutting marks support, including the possibillity to release the cut process on the server, is exactly what is needed to fully enjoy vomp with only a headless vdr server down in the cellar - since vomp works great, this would cut the need to have an extra vdr or a tv set downstairs.
And for the remote controls - istn't it possible to do it the dual funktion way for the old ones and use the # and * keys on new ones?
Just my 2 cents...
Lutz

Chris

Cut marks support is now in CVS, thanks to macfly. It will be part of the next dongle release. If marks are found then yellow and blue will nagivate the marks, otherwise they will perform the regular 10s skip functions. Also, on new remotes the star and hash keys will now always be -10s and +10s skip also.

macfly

Quote from: Chris on December 13, 2006, 16:14:50
Cut marks support is now in CVS, thanks to macfly. It will be part of the next dongle release. If marks are found then yellow and blue will nagivate the marks, otherwise they will perform the regular 10s skip functions. Also, on new remotes the star and hash keys will now always be -10s and +10s skip also.

Cool!

in my next sparetime, i'll try to implement the discussed new features on marks (moving, set/unset, commands on recording, etc).

I really appreciate your Work!

MartenR

I have checked, if the cut marks are compatible with the windows client. They are, no problems with the windows client.
The cuttings marks feature are a very nice addition to vomp (now I'm able to skip commercials  also on the vomp clients  :D), thanks for that.

Marten