Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Width of screen always cut?

Started by muellerph, December 20, 2006, 08:20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

muellerph

Hello,

I only have the assumption that currently the screen is always cut left and right. This I only get since 0.2.5.

What I can see is that the TV logo of the channels cannot be displayed completely, so there is missing something left and right.
Also the persons look a bit fat...

I tried to change the possible settings (TV aspect ratio and 16:9 on 4:3 display mode), but no effect on the screen.
I have a 16:9 and a 4:3 TV, and on both I can see this effect.

Does anybody else see this too?

Harry

hi,

i can partly confirm this.

thing is: i have two MVPs (models D3A and D1)
the D3A gives me a slightly cut picture (one could say
a slightly zoomed picture).
same symptom... partly or completely missing
logos indicate "there's something missing".
but i wouldn't say people appear "fat".

that doesn't trouble me so much since i can still see most
of the picture  ;D
that's why i didn't investigate this further...

cheers
Harry

Schnurps

I had that problem some months ago - for me a reboot of both, mvp and vdr, helped out. :)

muellerph

Thx.

yes a reboot solved the issue.
But I'm sure I did a reboot already when 0.2.5 was released. So it seems to be an issue which could pop up sometimes.

When I get a clue under which circumstances this appears again, I will write again into this thread.

Chris

I have seen the MVP get the aspect wrong a few times and a reboot was the only thing that fixed it. It didn't look like a full 4:3 on 16:9 error or vica versa, but some half way error. (Meaning you sit there wondering whether it's really broken or whether presenter X really has got that fat recently... :) )

However, I have only seen it a handful of times in the whole time I have had an MVP - hardly worth mentioning. (And most likely totally unfixable).

Flipping the TV Aspect Ratio in the options causes the software to completely re-open the video chip. As you tried this and it made no difference I doubt this can be detected or fixed in software. So here's hoping it's just a once-in-a-blue-moon thing.

riban

I've had this happen several times, sometimes soon after a reboot (to fix the problem). I haven't mentioned it as I was going to investigate but haven't had time. It reminds me of a problem before Chris sorted the widescreen switching (before he had a widescreen TV).