Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Client 2.7.1 crashed

Started by Betux, November 10, 2007, 23:09:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Betux

Hi,

VOMP 2.7.1 under WinXP Crashed when pressing Back in Settings or pressing on live tv in menu.
under 2.6 i have no problems.

does anyone have the same problems? is there a solution?
how can i debug the crash?

Thomas

MartenR

Hi,
with 0.2.7 a redesign of the Filterselection inside vomp was done. The main aim was to give the user more control over the used DirectShow Filters to prevent crashed caused by the filters.

Go to options and look, which video and audio filters are selected and post them here. Then change the filters and try, if the problem is gone.

Marten

muellerph

Hello Marten,

can the redesign have an impact on the options screen?
Even not changing anything I get the crash when leaving the options screen.l
Live TV works like a charm.

MartenR

Sure, everytime you show or close the options screen, some filters will be created and destroyed.
Did you change some filter and did this have any impact? You first mentioned a crash in live tv and now that it works, what did you change?

But it can be also a bug in the remote control screen...

I was sure that something like this will happen in the wild.

Marten

muellerph

I'm not Betux, so Live TV was working right from the beginning. But 0.2.6 was always crashing when switching to LiveTV.

But the options screen is just always crashing. I have tried now change the decoder, no effect.

carsten

Well Marten,

some strange things happen. In fact when I started the client the first time (not knowing about the settings page), it crashed. Now I tried to setup. Funny frist thing: in all three pages, when pressing down arrow, it will always select the second entry.

I also noticed that my favourite decoders from 0.2.6 (Elecard and Bitcontrol) are somehow marked as non VMR9 capable, thus cannot be selected. The VMR9 capability entry is placed somewhere and doesn't look nice.

Cyberlink DTV seems to be the only entry, he accepts. Nevertheless, there will be no image visable.

So, what decoder do you use or recommend?

Best Regards,
Carsten.

muellerph

Quote from: muellerph on November 11, 2007, 18:19:58
I'm not Betux, so Live TV was working right from the beginning. But 0.2.6 was always crashing when switching to LiveTV.

But the options screen is just always crashing. I have tried now change the decoder, no effect.
I tried now deleting all of the old .conf lying around, so it is not one of the old which are causing the crash, but still it is crashing when leaving the options screen.

Attached is the newly generated one:

[General]
Remote keys = H00000209I00000003K25H0000030DI00000003K0DH00000324I00000003K35H00
Last Power State = On

Maybe this helps finding the crashpoint

Betux

hi,

enclose please find a screenshot of my filter options screen.
all filter schow vmr9 = no -> is this the problem?

why did the previos version work.

it seems that the client crashes if no filter is selected when leaving the options screen.

Betux

no i have installed zoomplayer and used the DScaler Mpegs2 Video Decoder and it still crashes in option screen but video playback now works!

MartenR

Regarding VMR9 = no
==============
If the filter is  reported, that he is not VM9 caoable, he will probably not work!
But there are filters how report, that they are not VMR9 capable, but they are. So I only can suggest try and error.

Reagarding crash
==========
The crash and non playback can also be caused by a wrong audio filter.
But I can now reproduced it on my development machine, so may be a fix will appear soon.

Marten

MartenR

Ok, mistakes found, I will send the files to Chris in the next minutes.

Workaround before 0.2.7-2 appears, please playback a recording and a mp3 file, then the crash should be gone.

Marten

MartenR

QuoteThe VMR9 capability entry is placed somewhere and doesn't look nice.
Can you please post a screenshot.

In the bugfix release, I also let vomp accept filters, that report, that they are not VMr9 capable at the users risk. So some will work, some not, VMR9=no means be careful, it might not work.

Marten

carsten

Hi Marten,

when I select with 0.2.7-2 a filter that reports to be non-VMR9 (e.g. Bitcontrol, Elecard), I understood that it can
be selected in this release. But it doesn't work like this.

Best Regards,
Carsten.

MartenR

Oh, sorry, I send the wrong executable, which included only one of the two fixes to Chris, a new file is on the way, (sorry Chris).

Marten

Chris

0.2.7-3 is now available on the web site.