QtVomp - Vomp Client for Linux
This is the alpha 1 release of a Linux desktop client for Vomp.
Only the source tar ball is provided, so you need to compile QtVomp by
- Qt 4.4
- Phonon-Xine-Backend out of KDE 4.1 (only runtime dependency)
- VDR running Vompserver-plugin 0.3.0
- Installation instructions are in the INSTALL file
- Channel list with EPG entries
- Playing live-TV
- Playing recordings
- Playing MP3 files
Usage of the client:
The structure is similar to the normal Vomp usage, so it should feel
familiar. Beside of the normal behavior of Vomp and common mouse handling of
lists, buttons, etc following is not so obvious:
- Channel switching is done with Page Up/Down
- Double click on the video area switches in between full screen mode and windowed mode
- In full screen mode ESC returns to windowed mode
- In full screen mode Alt-F4 is deactivated
- QtVomp cannot find the VDR server automatically, when run on a PC where an
instance of VDR/Vomp is running. Use the command line argument -s <ip-address>
- Recordings don't support any jump forward / backward in the file, This is a
"bug" in Phonon in combination with the VDR recordings format
- Some MP3 files don't play (Phonon issue)
Please report everything - success, failure, ideas to the forum for open
If a file doesn't play or no output in general, please test as follows:
- Have a look into the README file, some exceptions are explained in detail
- Does the file play with Dragonplayer? If not it is a Phonon issue.
- Is the Phonon-Xine-Backend default (see KDE System Settings - Sound - <tab> Backend)?
Current version: 0.3.0 alpha 1.
5402 hits since 24/Feb/13